Is a Commercial Auto Policy Right for You?
Using the right tool for a job is key to success in any profession. The same principle applies when selecting an auto insurance policy. The right type of policy can help ensure that you, your employees, and your business are protected. The advantage of commercial auto policies is that they can be tailored to suit the needs and risks of business vehicle operators.
1. Do you use your vehicle for business purposes? If you use your vehicle to carry people or objects during the course of business, then a personal auto policy may not be enough. In the event of a claim, personal auto policies may have exclusions that limit your ability to recover damages.
2. Do you need more liability coverage than your personal auto policy provides? Commercial auto insurance policies are designed to provide higher limits of liability as well as specific types of liability coverage.
3. Do you need special coverage for situations associated with conducting business? Commercial auto policies usually offer special coverages not available with personal auto policies. Examples include hired auto coverage (covers rental vehicles), non-owned auto coverage (covers employees using personal vehicles on a business errand), trailers and mobile equipment hauled by covered vehicles.
4. Do you need to list any employees as drivers? Commercial auto policies are flexible. They provide coverage for business owners and employees, even when an employee uses his personal vehicle for business.
5. Does your vehicle have modifications unique to your line of business? If you have ladder attachments, lifts, tool boxes, or trailers used for business, then only a commercial auto policy will provide you with the coverage you need.
To learn more about what The Starr Agency offers, visit our Insurance Services page.